Sound setup for a excavator

Soundmodul für Fahrgeräusche (speziell für RC-Modelle). Der Nachfolger des USM-RC
Rascal

Re: Sound setup for a excavator

Beitrag von Rascal »

Hello,
waqr hat geschrieben: Fr 4. Jun 2021, 09:48 Many thanks. I have looked in the manual but can`t find any info on the S-bus channels so I have to assume they are the same.
Noted.
- Where can I find bucket and boom sounds in the module? As I can see there are only 3 Baggers available and none of them have any sounds for this as I can choose from in the meny.
I think these sounds are not available but see post #4 where to search or how to make your own.

(I made those file names up for the screenshots, the sounds in the files are actually something else.)
- I can`t find any info on how to mix ch 10 in the radio for the tracks. Also in the videos I have seen they just assign 9 and 10 to the tracks and they do not do any mixing in the radio. See attached video (from 7min - approx 11 min into the video)
Ok, I see what he is doing, the engine sound can only be switched on/off and doesn't follow the throttle. But he made a mistake by configuring 2 motors with averaging although Prop #2 isn't actually used, so "1 motor for engine sound" (Prop #1) would be sufficent. This would free Prop #2 for other purposes.

That being said the transmitter has only 6 channels, so I am not sure how he can use ch 7 to 10 !?
In the manual chapter 6.1 it also shows 10 channels. :?:

Mixers are described in chapter 6.8 but they seem to be very simple.

I think you need to figure out how to configure SBUS and how the controls are mapped to the SBUS channels. Since I am not familiar with your transmitter I suggest you search the web or youtube for such information. Or try to contact the guy that made the video you linked.

(I did look in the manual but as you wrote it doesn't say anthing about SBUS configuration.)
- For the change of engine idle speed (prop 9) Where do I configure the different % setting of the engine sound for the 3 way switch? For example idle sound at top pos, 20 % increase for mid pos and additional 10 % increase when switch is to the lowest / third position?
You can only set one level under Configuration > Engine sound > Engine sound "Rpm change when triggering function 'Engine sound rpm change':".
Also, would it be easier to Skype or communicate in another way where I maybe can share my desktop so you can see what I do?
Sorry but I can only reply here in the forum. I think it also won't help much as the transmitter configuration needs to be figured out first.
waqr

Beitrag von waqr »

The Flysky FS-I6s does have 10 channels.

Hmm......man this is complicated. I will have to try again but I doubt that I will ever figure this out.

Anyway, you have been very helpful and I truly appreciate it.
waqr

Beitrag von waqr »

So maybe my radio is not advanced enough to do all the things you have explained.

But if I skip the prop throttle on the tracks and and also the sound for the bucket and the boom what will the easiest programming look like then?

I want:

- Sounds for the tracks
- Engine on/off
- Engine increase with a switch
- Sound when rotating the machine
Rascal

Beitrag von Rascal »

Hi,

I understand but you need to tell me which SBUS channel is used for which function, only then I can tell you how to configure the USM-RC-2.
waqr

Beitrag von waqr »

Yes, I managed to get sound to all functions based on your input, so happy right now. The track sound is proportional and I only had to reverse prop ch 2 and now it works fine :) I even manage to assign sound to the stick (prop 6 channel 3)

Some problem still exists:

- The sounds for bucket, boom and rotation is delayed so the sounds starts maybe 0,5 sec after the machine moves and after my control input.
- Also the sounds are not proportional and only continues for a few seconds and if I make a short stick movement the sounds still continues until the loop is done. It is almost like the sound is programmed to play for a certain amount of seconds.
- If I use each channel very slowly I can do this without that the sounds are engaged. I would like the sound to engage directly even if I only use for example the bucket curl even so little.
Rascal

Beitrag von Rascal »

Hello,
waqr hat geschrieben: Fr 4. Jun 2021, 17:53 Yes, I managed to get sound to all functions based on your input, so happy right now. The track sound is proportional and I only had to reverse prop ch 2 and now it works fine :) I even manage to assign sound to the stick (prop 6 channel 3)
Great! :D
- The sounds for bucket, boom and rotation is delayed so the sounds starts maybe 0,5 sec after the machine moves and after my control input.
Did you check if the delay is inside the sound file? Else try to upload it here (not all, just one) together with the latest project file then I can take a look at it. (Or should that be 'listen at it'? :? ;) )
- Also the sounds are not proportional and only continues for a few seconds and if I make a short stick movement the sounds still continues until the loop is done. It is almost like the sound is programmed to play for a certain amount of seconds.
Only engine sounds are proportional. You can however define if the sound is played once or repeatedly (loop), and if it should stop immediately or play always to the end once the trigger signal is gone (switch/stick in neutral).

Just go to the Additional Sound tab, there you find the following options for each sound slot:
  • once / complete
  • once / immed. stop
  • loop / complete
  • loop / immed. stop
You may also consider to use Engine sound 2 for rotation to make it proportional.
- If I use each channel very slowly I can do this without that the sounds are engaged. I would like the sound to engage directly even if I only use for example the bucket curl even so little.
I mentioned this in the post #4 already, just move the blue square in the graphic on the left to extend the A and D areas of the prop channel that triggers the sound. You can actually see some difference in the screenshots between different prop channels in post #9.
waqr

Beitrag von waqr »

How can I check if the delay is in the sound file? There is a delay setting for each prop channel. Standard seems to be 50 and 500 for static. Should I change this?

Regarding the sounds I have tried all 4 options but there is no option that plays the sounds continuous. It will always be a stop and then the sound start again. Or which one should I choose if I want one that continous sound as long as the stick is in movement?

So if I want the sound to start directly when I move the stick, in which direction should I move the arrow and which section should I change (I assume sect A)

Here is my latest file for you review :)
Dateianhänge
CAT excavator.usm
(38.6 KiB) 87-mal heruntergeladen
Rascal

Beitrag von Rascal »

waqr hat geschrieben: Fr 4. Jun 2021, 22:17 How can I check if the delay is in the sound file? There is a delay setting for each prop channel. Standard seems to be 50 and 500 for static. Should I change this?
No. Make the following changes:
- Remove the functions from area B and C
- Increase areas A and D

usm.png
usm.png (109.55 KiB) 2262 mal betrachtet
Regarding the sounds I have tried all 4 options but there is no option that plays the sounds continuous. It will always be a stop and then the sound start again. Or which one should I choose if I want one that continous sound as long as the stick is in movement?
If you want it to sound continuous then make the sound file longer and/or edit it so the transfer from end to beginning is smoother.
So if I want the sound to start directly when I move the stick, in which direction should I move the arrow and which section should I change (I assume sect A)
Well, to increase the areas A and D there is only one direction where you can move the arrow (blue square) to: down for A, up for D. See screenshot above. If that is still not sufficient you can also make area N smaller.
waqr

Beitrag von waqr »

Thanks I did the changes and I will see if they will help with the delay. I hope you can answer a few more questions :)

- The squeeking sound for the tracks that have on additional sound 3 (programmed to prop 10) can be heard at all when I go in fwd or reverse with the excavator. There is another proportional engine sound coming on which does sound nice but I also want the squeeking sound. Does this has to do with that I have another sound for the movement that overrides the squeeking sound on additional sound 3?

- Regarding the sounds for the bucket, boom and stick (prop ch 4-6) . I have the same sound for all these 3 channels (additional sound 4, fahrgeraeusch). Should I have it like this or should I put this "fahrgeraeusch" sound on 3 different additional sounds so that I use additional sound 4 to prop 4, additional sound 5 for prop 5 and additional sound 6 to prop 6? Or does this not matter which way I do it?
Rascal

Beitrag von Rascal »

Hello,
waqr hat geschrieben: Sa 5. Jun 2021, 07:47- The squeeking sound for the tracks that have on additional sound 3 (programmed to prop 10) can be heard at all when I go in fwd or reverse with the excavator. There is another proportional engine sound coming on which does sound nice but I also want the squeeking sound. Does this has to do with that I have another sound for the movement that overrides the squeeking sound on additional sound 3?
Sorry, I can't really follow your description. What is "another proportional engine sound"? If you mean Engine sound 2 controlled by Prop #3 I don't see how that's possible since there is no configuration to switch it on (at least not in the config file you attached above). If you made changes to the config please upload the latest file.

In any case, the USM can play 4 sounds simultaenously, so there shouldn't be any override.
- Regarding the sounds for the bucket, boom and stick (prop ch 4-6) . I have the same sound for all these 3 channels (additional sound 4, fahrgeraeusch). Should I have it like this or should I put this "fahrgeraeusch" sound on 3 different additional sounds so that I use additional sound 4 to prop 4, additional sound 5 for prop 5 and additional sound 6 to prop 6? Or does this not matter which way I do it?
Both options will work, so it doesn't matter which way you do it.
Antworten