Hilfe, mein Nautic-/Multiswitchmodul funktioniert nicht

Häufig gestellte Fragen - und die passenden Antworten
patrick1995

Re: Hilfe, mein Nautic-/Multiswitchmodul funktioniert nicht

Beitrag von patrick1995 »

Hallo, hab mir die Jeti Box noch bestellt.
Muss sie noch einbauen und Probier es noch mal.
DannyMNL

Beitrag von DannyMNL »

Hi, I know this is an old topic, but I have seen it linked a few times as a solution for people who experience difficulties with Nautic modules, so I think I'm still in the right place.

I have a Robbe FC-16 with Robbe F1512 Multiprop and RO8084 Multiswitch modules. The Multiprop is set to channel 8 and the Multiswitch to channel 7. It also has a Jeti Duplex system inside. The Jeti receiver has been programmed by the store where I bought it to be compatible with Multiswitch systems, and the same store has converted the transmitter to the Jeti system. I can still switch between 40MHz and 2,4GHz, and the system behaves the same on both my Jeti R9 receiver, as my Futaba 40MHz receiver. My transmitter came programmed from the shop with the multi function only active on channel 8, not on 7. Activating them on both channels has no noticable effect.

In the Sound-Teacher software I have programmed the Nautic module to use the Robbe 8084 preset, but it does not work properly. I can get some functions to work if I combine some switch positions, but it is not as intended.

My diagnostics are attached. Could you please point me in the right direction on which manual settings to use?
Dateianhänge
DIAGNOSE.DAT
(875 KiB) 93-mal heruntergeladen
BEIER-Electronic Andy
Administrator

Beitrag von BEIER-Electronic Andy »

Hello DannyMNL,

there are 2 problems here:

1:
Since every transmitter is slightly different, the USM-RC-3 analyzes the signals from the receiver and tries to optimally adjust the multiswitch reception.

In your recording, there are already 2 (?) false pulses before the actual multiswitch signals, which confuse the automatic analysis of the data. I don't know why that is.

2:
The multiswitch signals are not correct. 2 sync pulses and 7 - 9 switches are transmitted in your diagnosis. Normally with Robbe this should be 1 sync pulse and 8 switches. It will never work like that. This is a typical 2.4 GHz problem.
DannyMNL

Beitrag von DannyMNL »

Hmmm, that is very strange. I also don't know what causes the pulses. Maybe I need to switch the multiprop and multiswitch connections in the transmitter and see if maybe it is a fault in the transmitter board. Also, it could be that the programming in the transmitter is wrong, I will see what happens if I enable/disable the multi options in the transmitter.

The diagnostic was run on the 40MHz setting with a 40MHz receiver, to eliminate the 2,4Ghz factor, so I don't think this is the issue.

I might also check with the store that installed my 2,4GHz module to see what they say. I actually bought a multimodule signal filter from them as well to clean up the transmitter signal, but after opening up my transmitter I noticed they did not install it and never notified me. After asking them why they said I did not need it because it's an original Robbe Multiswitch. Maybe I actually do need it?
Rascal

Beitrag von Rascal »

Hello Danny,
I have a Robbe FC-16
Is this a different system than the one mentioned here?
The FC-16 Boat 'n Truck is quite different to the FC-16.

My responses below will be based on the assumption that you are asking about the FC-16 Boat 'n Truck.
I actually bought a multimodule signal filter ...
What's a "multimodule signal filter", or rather what product did you buy?
I don't think such a device is needed but I am curious what it is supposed to do.
I can still switch between 40MHz and 2,4GHz, ...
How is the switching done - using the JETI Switch (SWTU2) or by other means?
The Multiprop is set to channel 8 and the Multiswitch to channel 7
Thus Multiprop is connected to MULTI-IN 1 and the Multiswitch to MULTI-IN 2?

In case you are not aware but MULTI-IN 1 corresponds to Channel 8 and MULTI-IN 2 corresponds to Channel 7.
Yeah, ask Futaba about that ... :roll:
Also, it could be that the programming in the transmitter is wrong, I will see what happens if I enable/disable the multi options in the transmitter.
I have the same transmitter currently only set up for 40MHz with 3rd party multiswitch modules.

Make sure that no input device (switch, slider or such) is connected to CH7 and CH8.

My channel 7 & 8 settings are set as follows:

STRM - ±0%
MULT - ON
REVR - NOR
EPA - 100%

But do try REVR - REV, I think to remember that I read somewhere that this is required for the original modules.
DannyMNL

Beitrag von DannyMNL »

Hi Rascal, my apologies, you are correct, this is indeed the Boat 'n Truck transmitter, I made the mistake of assuming they are basically the same due to having the same exterior.

The multimodule signal filter is available from Wetronic (they are a Beier distributor in the Netherlands). I cannot posts links, but if you find their website the article number is W-9615. They claim the standard signal of the transmitter is really messy and has lots of interference, and their module cleans up the signal. That's why I bought it together with the Jeti Duplex TU2 module and their installation service. I do think it is quite rude of them that they did not install the module and never even mentioned this to me, I had to find out they did not install it by looking in the transmitter, and after contacting them to ask where it was installed they said they didn't install it because the Robbe Multi-modules supposedly don't need it, even though they suggest something else on their website. They still haven't refunded me for it either.

I am not 100% sure how the switching is done because Wetronic has performed the installation. If I look in the transmitter I do see a connector with 3 wires (and one cut green wire) going to a switch they soldered themselves and to the Robbe print, so I'm guessing they copied the Jeti switch.

The locations for the connectors in the transmitter are correct. I tried switching them over, and at that point the Multiprop module performed all of the actions on the Beier module instead of the Multiswitch. Moreover, the Multiprop module actually performed all the actions as programmed, and the Beier module had a constantly blinking blue light, indicating it was happy with the signal. I think this means that I have a faulty/damaged Multiwswitch module, or a counterfeit one. I bought them both from the same store a while back, and the multiprop module came in official Futaba packaging, but the Multiswitch module came in a ziplock baggy...

My settings are the same as yours, but I did try switching between the REVR settings, this still did not fix the issue.

I think my next step is to contact Wetronic to see if they can check some things out for me.
Rascal

Beitrag von Rascal »

Hello Danny,

thanks for the info on the filter, I did find the article on their website but unfortunately they provide little information about it.

The multiswitch module doesn't need to be "counterfeit", unless it is not original but marked as such. There are quite a few such 3rd party modules on the market, some commercially sold, some privately made.
Wetronic actually offers such a module (W-9601), too, the hardware seems to be made by them - check the print on the PCB and compare to the picture on their website.
According to that picture the software is actually made by the same person where I got my modules from, and they do work just fine.

If you have the Wetronic multiswitch change the Type setting in the USM-RC-3 under Configuration > Nautic/Multiswitch > Nautic/Multiswitch X * to "Mergen/CP 16-K Multiswitch".

* X is either 1 (Prop #3) or 2 (Prop #4), depending on where receiver channel 7 for the multiswitch signal is connected to.

If you still don't have sucess I suggest to remove one module from the transmitter and test with one installed only in 40MHz mode. Then run through all the different settings. Repeat for the other and only if both modules pass the individual test install both of them. Repeat the testing with 40MHz and if successful switch to 2.4GHz.
Antworten