Noob question on engine sounds

Soundmodul für Fahrgeräusche (speziell für RC-Modelle). Der Nachfolger des USM-RC-2
Antworten
NutjobGTO

Noob question on engine sounds

Beitrag von NutjobGTO »

So I've finally sat down and done my first steps into building my Globe Liner, which is to wire up the electronics first before even building to see if they'll even work.

I have the USM RC 3 hooked up with six patch cables for 1 to 6, with 1 and 2 swapped, because I'm using a Flysky GT5 pistol grip TX, and BS6 RX.

I actually got the Detroit Diesel file uploaded and working, and we're getting good noises out of the speaker.

However, here's the conundrum.

I twiddled with the 'sound simulator' part, and it sounds like the DD file has a decent Engine Brake rumble sound effect. On my laptop, when I run the slider to accelerate, I get standard engine sounds going through two gears, while sliding it back to center gets you a nice deep engine grumble.

But trying to get the actual radio assembly to make the rumbly engine brake noise is near impossible while playing with my handset. I can't seem to get it to reliably pop over to grumbly noises as it's decelerating, and the few times it does kick in, it doesn't want to disengage when going back to acceleration.

Off the top of anyone's head, do you have any ideas on what settings will run it all smoothly, or would you require diagnostic files to sort through?

Thank you for your help, in advance.
Rascal

Re: Noob question on engine sounds

Beitrag von Rascal »

Hello,

please upload your project file (*.usm-rc-3) for us to check.
If possible you can also attach the diagnostic file (*.dat).
NutjobGTO

Beitrag von NutjobGTO »

Here are the files. Sorry this is so late, but... Time zones, I'm in Atlantic Canada.

In the diagnostic recording, the engine brake rumble cut in somewhere around the 30 second mark, but it also was the only engine sound at idle and during acceleration up until around 48 seconds.

Thank you for your help with this.
Dateianhänge
diagnose_230131_0947.dat
Diagnostic File
(281.75 KiB) 43-mal heruntergeladen
Red truck project files.usm-rc-3
Project File
(39.64 KiB) 42-mal heruntergeladen
NutjobGTO

Beitrag von NutjobGTO »

Actually, now that I've been trying to get this to work a bit more, I noticed that the system isn't playing any of the additional engine sounds.

It plays the Cold Crank sound to start the engine, and then it plays the Idle sound.

When I pull the throttle trigger, it doesn't play either Vehicle Start Sound, or FG1 Normal. It's a pitched-up version of the Engine Idle sound.

However when I do manage to trip it into FG1 Slow Down, that sound also overrides the Idle Sound, and FG1 Slow Down is pitched up and down as the new Engine Noise.

I have no idea what I'm doing to get it to turn on FG1 Slow Down, nor am I sure what I'm doing to get out of it.
NutjobGTO

Beitrag von NutjobGTO »

It was Fast Switching. Fast Switching was turned off, because a Youtube tutorial said 'It causes problems so leave it off.'

Turned it on and now everything works as intended.

I apologize for the confusion, thank you for your time and concern.
Antworten