Tank Sounds Lacking

Soundmodul für Fahrgeräusche (speziell für RC-Modelle). Der Nachfolger des USM-RC-2
Antworten
minimivic

Tank Sounds Lacking

Beitrag von minimivic »

Current project is an Armortek 1/6 scale Jagdtiger tank.

My sound system comprises of USM RC3 - Ampire 4x100w 24v amplifier ( high level input) 2 channels each with 2 x 4" JBL coaxial speakers in sealed boxes (4 speakers total). The other 2 channels are bridged for a JBL 8" subwoofer again boxed. So as you can see quite an impressive sound system. Playing music through it is very good so I know it all works as intended.
I am using the Konigstiger_1 sound file as I found this to be the best option so far.
When driving and idling the tank sound transition isn't right, also going from drive to stop the sound change isn't correct.
Can anyone point me in the direction to improve the sounds I have, or link to alternative sound files to test, I have looked at the Jagdpanther, and the kanonenjagdpanzer files with similar results.
Somehow the sounds are just letting me down, all other functions are amazing and very powerful advanced configurations are available.
Rascal

Re: Tank Sounds Lacking

Beitrag von Rascal »

Hello,

if you open the Sound Teacher select File > Open Sound Center, there you find sounds from another customer in the directory Fahrsounds Soundmodul USM-RC-2 / Panzer / 02 that you can try.

Alternatively you may also use other sound files that you find in the net or grab the sounds from Youtube videos etc., see instructions on page 110 ff. in the latest version of the manual.
Oldchap

Beitrag von Oldchap »

Hello,

in Youtube you may find some impressive sounds of the Königstiger. The Audacity sound editor included in the DVD allows you to extract and change this clips according to your imaginations. I prefer to slow down the sound with Audacity options to get some more bass contents; so I got suitable sounds for my 1/6 scale Jagdtiger.
Gruß

Gerhard

Beitrag von minimivic »

I also notice that some sounds Like the King tiger and Konigtiger_1 are not available to download from the internet files.

I have played with Audacity at various times and with mixed results, I may try again to make a custom sound file.

Oldchap, did you manage to make a good gun shot sound? I have various that I have tried but it is lacking. Do you have a video of your tank running?
Oldchap

Beitrag von Oldchap »

Hello,

unfortunately I have only videos made by my onboard cam. The sound in this videos is not real because it is overmodulated by the cam.
Gruß

Gerhard

Beitrag von minimivic »

After day of testing sounds I have made small progress.

Rascals sounds are OK and the driving sound is very nice with deep bass and a growl. The problem I seem to have is the transition between the sounds.
If I open the sound simulator to test the sounds you get a very obvious change between the engine starting sound and Idle, then a fast change to the vehicle moving before the driving sounds (FG1) that get faster as vehicle moves.
I have removed the Vehicle start and stop sounds which helps but it still jumps between the different sound files and I cannot get a smooth consistent sound.
I will investigate further but I would be interested in others findings on this, It can't be just me. I have tested a lot of the Beier files and they all are similar in the way they work. Are there any setting I can change to help this?
Oldchap

Beitrag von Oldchap »

After some tests I relinquished to use acceleration and retarding sounds because they can only mark a single situation of accelerating. This is not the real life. I tried to synchronize idle sound with first (lowest) driving sound via Audacity. This is more realistic I mean. Combining of the last sequence of the starting sound with the idle sound was a little easier to realize.

A nice add on would be increasing the main volume during the act of acceleration (whilst moving the gas stick forward) and vice versa, using a Beier electronic switch and a resistor between USM and power amp, but I didn't try this till now.
Gruß

Gerhard