Sound lag

Soundmodul für Fahrgeräusche (speziell für RC-Modelle). Der Nachfolger des USM-RC-2
Antworten
ColinPT0357

Sound lag

Beitrag von ColinPT0357 »

Good morning All.

I have just installed a USM RC 3 alongside a Hobbywing 1060 speed controller. I am familiar with Beier and have fitted in excess of 10 SFR1s. This is my first install of a USM RC 3. The SFR1 seemlessly mixes the engine idle / running sounds in proportion to the stick movement. On the USM RC 3 I notice a lag of perhaps one second as the sounds change over (throttling up from idle and down to tickover). Obviously the sound is triggered by the signal monitored from the ESC and one would expect a slight delay, but my question to you: is this delay in sound changeover of approximately a second normal? If there's a better way that eliminates the lag I would be grateful for the advice.

I'm running the latest firmware. Mode is Digital. Motor control connected to second X2/1 port, as per the manual for Digital control.

Beier stuff rocks!!

Kind regards

Colin
Rascal

Re: Sound lag

Beitrag von Rascal »

Hello Colin,

the Hobbywing ESC may react differently to the throttle than the SFR-1. Try adjusting the following values under Configuration > Engine sound > Engine sound > Speed steps / gears:

- Zero point deadband
- Stationary/motion/gear hysteresis

See also pages 70 and 71 in the manual for details.
ColinPT0357

Beitrag von ColinPT0357 »

Thank you for this Rascal. I will have a look!
Carmine A

Beitrag von Carmine A »

Colin,
Love your "Fancy a Beier" series on YouTube! I'm "Carmine's RC Tips and Tricks".
I have found in my own experience, with the USM-RC-3 or any ancillary sound that I got the same lag with the WP-1060...
Moving up to the WP-1080 gives you infinitely more Throttle adjustments than the 1060. Yes it's overkill, but it's a superior ESC!
It should be a £36 try on your side of the pond. 😉

Carmine
Carmine. OLD FART, STILL confused about Beier, but learning rather quickly! ;)
* USM-RC-2 and 3
* FlySky FS-I6X Radio with 6 and 10 Channel Receivers
My YouTubeChannel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCMTZPfY2Yoohecv3p6Imfyw
Antworten