Smoke on constantly

Soundmodul für Fahrgeräusche (speziell für RC-Modelle). Der Nachfolger des USM-RC-2
minimivic

Smoke on constantly

Beitrag von minimivic »

I'm just adding a smoker to my project but output 17 appears to have 12v constantly. I can't see any way to turn it off.
It should start with engine sound, I have tried using the data cable to turn it on and off as well as switches, nothing works. I even formatted the sd card and loaded a new file nothing different.
Same project file as above post https://www.beier-electronic.de/modellb ... wtopic.php? f=33&t=3224

Any ideas?
Rascal

Re: Smoke on constantly

Beitrag von Rascal »

Hello,

the output does not switch 12V, it switches GND (0V). According to your project file you are using a 2S Lipo - that can't provide 12V. So how exactly did you measure 12V in this case and where were the test leads connected?

Best if you describe the exact setup and preferably attach a wiring diagram.
minimivic

Beitrag von minimivic »

Rascal,

In the tank I have 24v, 12v and 5v systems the Usm is connected to the 12v so it’s getting 12v.
Wiring to the smoker is direct connection to the terminals x1/7 and x1/8.
No matter how I change the program I get 12v at the x1/7 and x1/8 terminal with a test led, multimeter or smoker.
Rascal

Beitrag von Rascal »

Hello,

I got some new information, there is be a bug that may cause output 17 to be permanently on.
The next FW release will fix this, though I can't tell you when exactly it will be available.
minimivic

Beitrag von minimivic »

Sounds right I find a bug.
I’ll await new firmware.
minimivic

Beitrag von minimivic »

Any update on a fix for the constant smoke
BEIER-Electronic Andy
Administrator

Beitrag von BEIER-Electronic Andy »

The update will be delayed by a few more weeks.

Please look here in your private messages.
minimivic

Beitrag von minimivic »

New firmware installed and I still have the same problem so guessing the board is at fault.
BEIER-Electronic Andy
Administrator

Beitrag von BEIER-Electronic Andy »

Then we need to check the module.

Send it either to the dealer you bought it from or directly to us.

If you send it to us and you do not live in the EU, then declare the shipment as a repair with a goods value of 1 EUR on the customs documents. Otherwise we have to pay import fees.

If you dare to solder an SMD transistor, we can also send you a transistor.
Andreas_58

Beitrag von Andreas_58 »

Moin Rascal,
wenn ich das alles richtig verstehe benötige ich ein Update um den Ausgang 17 ein / ausschalten zu können.
Mein USM-RC-3 Sound teacher sagt mir, dass es eine V.1.00b Version aus Februar gibt Das obige Gespräch erzählt aber was von September.
Wie kann ich den Ausgang schalten?
Gerade habe ich mir einen proportionalen Dampferzeuger mit zwei Kabeln bestellt, um den Dampf und den Lüfter separat schalten zu können.
Zur Zeit habe ich einen mit einem Kabel, d.h. Lüfter und Heizung arbeiten gleichzeitig. Diesen schalte ich aber mit einem manuellen Schalter, da die Heizung durchbrennt, wenn das Öl alle ist und nicht abgeschaltet wird.
Wie kann ich dieses "Problem" lösen?
Viele Grüße
Andreas
Antworten