Sound light and movement sync

Soundmodul für Fahrgeräusche (speziell für RC-Modelle). Der Nachfolger des USM-RC-2
Antworten
minimivic

Sound light and movement sync

Beitrag von minimivic »

Im trying to animate a tank machine gun with a servo and have the sound and light all in sync.

I can get the sound and light to work, thats easy, I can also add a servo sequence to move when the sound is playing. again that works if I get timings correct to correspond with the time on the sound. im using a preset length MG sound.

What I want to do is fire the machine gun from a switch, the sound and light activate and the servo moves the gun until i stop. I don't seem to be able to do this. Any suggestions if you understand what I want to do.
I think I will need to start and stop the mg and activate the servo sequence but somehow pause or stop the servo sequence.
BEIER-Electronic Andy
Administrator

Re: Sound light and movement sync

Beitrag von BEIER-Electronic Andy »

Please upload your project file.
minimivic

Beitrag von minimivic »

mg sync.usm-rc-3
(39.48 KiB) 48-mal heruntergeladen
Rascal

Beitrag von Rascal »

Hello,
I think I will need to start and stop the mg and activate the servo sequence but somehow pause or stop the servo sequence.
Not sure what you mean by "somehow pause or stop the servo sequence". Can you describe the requirement more in detail, perhaps step by step what should happen ('process flow')?

Normally I would think "Function sequence" with a loop in which you activate the sound, light and "Servo X sequence" (e.g. to sweep the gun from one side to the other and back).

Alternatively to the servo sequence use servo positions (Configuration > Servo outputs > Servo X + Y), then the servo will stop on the selected position (function "Servo # Position #" set to "on") and only move again if another position is selected. I suggest to set each servo position to "off" before ending the function sequence.
Note that you cannot time the servo speed within the function sequence, "Duration" only specifies the time before jumping to the next step. The servo speed can only be controlled by the slider "Speed:" under Configuration > Servo outputs > Servo X + Y, so there might be some trial and error required to sync the servo movement with other functions, if required.
minimivic

Beitrag von minimivic »

When I switch MG "ON" i want light sound and servo movement (preferably random but not essential). Then when I switch if "OFF" i want all to stop.
At the moment I get some additional servo movement until the servo sequence itself stops.

Also would like the MG to start and stop when I want it too, at the moment it is set to a few seconds, so if i want a short burst it don't do that.
Rascal

Beitrag von Rascal »

minimivic hat geschrieben: Do 23. Jun 2022, 15:18 When I switch MG "ON" i want light sound and servo movement (preferably random but not essential). Then when I switch if "OFF" i want all to stop.
Random is not possible.
At the moment I get some additional servo movement until the servo sequence itself stops.
That's correct, a servo sequence always runs to the end even the start signal has been removed.
Also would like the MG to start and stop when I want it too, at the moment it is set to a few seconds, so if i want a short burst it don't do that.
Then use servo positions as suggested above within a function sequence configured with a loop. Calling the 4 servo positions within the loop in a different order and different timing ("Duration") could make the movement appear random.

When the function sequence is started via the switch on the transmitter it will start the loop with sound, light and servo position. Once the start signal is removed (switch on the transmitter goes back to neutral) the function sequence will complete and exit the loop. After the loop switch off the sound & light and set all servo positions to "off" so the servo returns to the home position. "Automatic return to home position, ..." must be enabled for the selected servo.

For a short burst I would use another function sequence without loop.
Antworten