Rotating lights.

Soundmodul für Fahrgeräusche (speziell für RC-Modelle). Der Nachfolger des USM-RC-2
Antworten
Jathor

Rotating lights.

Beitrag von Jathor »

Hello.
I got 2 rotating lights I wired together.
Plugged into the ESC they work fine, switch off and on to change light program in the lights themselves.

I plugged the lights into the USM-3 instead, servo ports, now I notice one of the lights randomly switches programs, sometimes both. I assume its because of low voltage from USM causing it to turn off and on.

Assuming the low voltage is because I wired 2 lights together, and USM cant power that, I was thinking of separating them again and running them of servo port 3 and 4, one for each.
I have been playing around with sequences to simulate the off & on switch but with little success, got it working on servo 2, but using the same setup on 3,4 doesn't work.

So, anyone got any ideas how I can set this up to function properly?
Plugging it back into the ESC is not an option, I have 3 step switches, but with USM I can limit it between 2 steps, having the 3rd for another function.

7.2 Nimh Battery.
USM-3.
QuickRun 1080WP ESC.
Injora rotation beacons.
Rascal

Re: Rotating lights.

Beitrag von Rascal »

Hello,

you can find detailed instructions on how to control those lights here, with multiple options to choose from.

If you connect the lights to different outputs you can switch them simultenously using a Multi function or Function sequence.
I have been playing around with sequences to simulate the off & on switch but with little success, got it working on servo 2, but using the same setup on 3,4 doesn't work.
If you like me to check please upload the project file (*.usm-rc-3).

Please check that the BEC of the ESC is set to 6V, else the lights may get damaged if it's set to 7.4V
Jathor

Beitrag von Jathor »

Thank you.

Yea I've been trying to fiddle with the instructions on the link you sent, but having it to work with only the servo output 3,4, still no success.

I've uploaded the file here incase you want to have a look, i'll continue to fiddle meanwhile.

I'm using channel 9, prop 16.
Sequence 3, (sequence 4 for LM testing).
Again, trying to have the hazard lights trigger between N and A, if i get that working, maybe even including the sequence that allows the lights to start in their Off state.

Again, I did get it working on servo port 2, but the lights randomly change state.
Dateianhänge
Scania V8 från modden.usm-rc-3
(39.53 KiB) 40-mal heruntergeladen
Jathor

Beitrag von Jathor »

I found the issue, got lost in translation, I was using Output sequence instead of Function sequence... :(
Antworten