Drive and sound sync

Soundmodul für Fahrgeräusche (speziell für RC-Modelle). Der Nachfolger des USM-RC-2
Antworten
minimivic

Drive and sound sync

Beitrag von minimivic »

Usm rc3 in a tank. I have a sabertooth 2x32 esc and frsky x8r.
X8r sbus output to Usm prop 8 sbus connection works fine.
Sabertooth is connected to prop 1 and 2 outputs on usm ,I get no control of motors but I do have sound.
Connect x8r to prop 1 and 2 inputs I now get sound and movement, But tank moves before the sound starts.
Am I connected correctly, any suggestions on how to make this work better?
I’ll assume and drive function and driving curves are created in sabertooth and Opentx as I have a race tank at the moment.

I also have an additional problem with controlling a linear servo, when stick is released the linear servo always returns to home. I want to keep it in the last position. Ie barrel up stays up until I move it back down.

Thanks
Rascal

Re: Drive and sound sync

Beitrag von Rascal »

Hello,
minimivic hat geschrieben: Di 17. Mai 2022, 07:31 Sabertooth is connected to prop 1 and 2 outputs on usm ,I get no control of motors but I do have sound.
The prop channels are not outputs, they are inputs. Prop 1 and 2 have two headers each but they are just connected in parallel, just like a Y-cable.

So you must connect prop 1 and 2 to the receiver, and the ESC connects to the USM (like you did below).
Connect x8r to prop 1 and 2 inputs I now get sound and movement, But tank moves before the sound starts.
Under Configuration > Engine sound > Engine sound there are two parameters that you can try to modify:
- Zero point deadband
- Stationary/motion/gear hysteresis

See pages 70 and 71 in the manual for details.
I also have an additional problem with controlling a linear servo, when stick is released the linear servo always returns to home. I want to keep it in the last position. Ie barrel up stays up until I move it back down.
Deselect the option "Automatic return to home position, if no other position is selected" under Configuration > Servo outputs > Servo X + Y.

If you are using "Direct control with:" (some prop channel) then there is no setting that can change this as the servo has to follow the input signal. The only solution then is to use a non self-centering input device (stick/gimbal, potentiometer etc.).
minimivic

Re: Drive and sound sync

Beitrag von minimivic »

Thanks for the conformation, all working as intended and getting better all the time.
Antworten