Multifunktionsmodul für Panzer von Heng Long und Torro/Taigen
Antworten
LucasTrepe

Gear change and Gun elevation

Beitrag von LucasTrepe »

Hello people,

I have a few questions that I haven't found in the forum yet:

1) Gear change
I would like to change "Forward, Neutral, Reverse" gears through a 3-position switch in my controller. Neutral would just allow to rev the engine sound without movement. Would this be possible? I haven't found a solution yet.

2) Canon elevation problem
No matter in what setting, my gun elevation just goes through a "cycle" of continuous up and down movement. It is a Leo2A6 from Taigen and this is how it behaved already with the original controller, but I though this would change with a different motherboard (SFR-1-HL). Is this behaviour embedded in the servo?
Should I convert the gun elevation to have direct control as a servo in the X5 plug?

3) Canon elevation after shot
I would also like to implement a gun elevation sequence after the canon fires, the same movement of the real 120mm canons that put the breach into the correct position for the loader, how would you recommend doing this? Also through a servo sequence?
(example below)
youtube.com/watch?v=y3B3ARZmP8E

Many thanks!

Lucas
Dateianhänge
1)
1)
20230415_191105.jpg (302.11 KiB) 2060 mal betrachtet
2)
2)
20221225_104939.jpg (599.73 KiB) 2060 mal betrachtet
MichalPL

Re: Gear change and Gun elevation

Beitrag von MichalPL »

What type of elevation do you have? In case of standard Taigen "mechanical / spring" recoild and elevation unit there is no problem on Beier (I have this setuop on my Taigen Sherman), but servo elevation on Beier is still not resolved.
BEIER-Electronic Andy
Administrator

Beitrag von BEIER-Electronic Andy »

Hello Lucas,

1) Sorry this is not possible.

2) What kind of canon elevation do you have? Servo or motor?

3) I think this is not possible.
MichalPL

Beitrag von MichalPL »

Ad 3) I would try to do this using sequence. If more complicated recoil movement is possible so up movement also.
BEIER-Electronic Andy
Administrator

But you cannot control a servo that is used for normal elevation also via a servo sequence.
A second servo (and additional mechanics) would then be necessary for this.
LucasTrepe

Beitrag von LucasTrepe »

Hey thanks for the reply,

@MichalPL, @BEIER-Electronic Andy
This is what is inside (see pic below), I am no expert but are those motors?

Would a replacement like this one below solve the cycling motion problem?

rctank.de/Servo-recoil-unit-and-gun-elevation-unit-in-metal-with-servos
Dateianhänge
20230419_183622.jpg
20230419_183622.jpg (299.01 KiB) 1969 mal betrachtet
BEIER-Electronic Andy
Administrator

They look like servos. But there are also modified servos that then work like a motor...

Does the gear on the servo make multiple turns, or does it only move 90°?
MichalPL

Beitrag von MichalPL »

I have the same unit in my second Sherman. In case of elevation I use "direct servo control" with channel 3. It's not perfect as I have spring gimbal but I will probably modify it back to trhtottle type without spring.

I hope this elevation issue will be solved someday. For sure it is possible as it is implementent on other boards (Elmod, Clark, IBU, Open Panzer even stock Chinese Heng Longs, Taigens etc.)
LucasTrepe

Beitrag von LucasTrepe »

BEIER-Electronic Andy hat geschrieben: Do 20. Apr 2023, 10:13 They look like servos. But there are also modified servos that then work like a motor...

Does the gear on the servo make multiple turns, or does it only move 90°?
I would have to take it apart to test that. If I press the elevation stick up for example, it just cycles up and down non-stop, until I release it.

In any case, what do you recommend on each case (motor or servo)? Should I try replacing it with a servo just to be sure? Cannon elevation is one of the main features of the tank so I'll do what's necessary to fix it.

MichalPL hat geschrieben: Do 20. Apr 2023, 21:06 I have the same unit in my second Sherman. In case of elevation I use "direct servo control" with channel 3. It's not perfect as I have spring gimbal but I will probably modify it back to trhtottle type without spring.

I hope this elevation issue will be solved someday. For sure it is possible as it is implementent on other boards (Elmod, Clark, IBU, Open Panzer even stock Chinese Heng Longs, Taigens etc.)
It would, I've seen some on youtube. I can't tell if this is a servo/motor issue or not, that would be the first step.
BEIER-Electronic Andy
Administrator

LucasTrepe hat geschrieben: So 23. Apr 2023, 19:04 If I press the elevation stick up for example, it just cycles up and down non-stop, until I release it.
Then it is a servo.

A servo can also be controlled in such a way that it remains in the last position when the channel is in the neutral position. For this you simply use 2 servo positions:
sfr-1-hl_hoehenrichten mit servo.png
sfr-1-hl_hoehenrichten mit servo.png (34.62 KiB) 1869 mal betrachtet
The only disadvantage here is that the speed is not variable, but fixed in the Sound-Teacher.
Antworten