Random Sounds

Soundmodul und Fahrtregler in einem Modul
Antworten
Peterbilt379

Random Sounds

Beitrag von Peterbilt379 »

So, I have a random sound playing correctly.
Output: 16 Flashing (flashes with adjustable frequency)
Random Sound: 1 Car Air Horn
Prop Channel: 4 Randon Sound enabled (Short in Position CH 4)

I want to play a second random sound from a different output and different Prop selection and a different channel.

Output: 8 Flashing (flashes with adjustable frequency)
Random Sound: 2 Pink Panther Theme
Prop Channel: 3 Random Sound enabled (Short in Position CH 2)

PROBLEM: I cannot get the second random sound to play. When I do activate CH 2, it plays the random sound: Carhorn

Is there a way to play different random sounds for different outputs?

i'm aware, I can use Additional Sound, but I can't turn it off, once it starts playing....?

Thanks,

Rob
Dateianhänge
Black_Pete_17APR23.sfr
(41.77 KiB) 40-mal heruntergeladen
Rascal

Re: Random Sounds

Beitrag von Rascal »

Hello Rob,

I am not sure you understood the function "random sound".:

Firstly, when enabled, they are played at random within the time and other parameters set under Configuration > Random sounds. Using min and max time at 1 sec is possible but does generally not make much sense (although I understand what you were trying to achieve by that).

Secondly you cannot individually control a random sound; when random sounds is enabled all configured random sounds are enabled together.

So starting random sound 1 via Prop #4 and random sound 2 via Prop #3 separately is not possible.

See also the manual on page 32 and 67.

i'm aware, I can use Additional Sound, but I can't turn it off, once it starts playing....?
Using "Additional sound" would be the recommended way. Each sound slot has options for how long the sound is played, i.e. "Once / complete", "Once / immed. stop", "Loop / complete" or "Loop / immed. stop".

Currently you have configured the function under "Short in position (memory)"; since the default setting is "Once / complete" a long sound will therefore be played as long as the memory is active and/or the sound file hasn't finished.
To release the memory and by that stop the sound immediately you need to trigger the function again and set the sound to "Once / immed. stop" or "Loop / immed. stop".

You may also consider to use column "In position (static)" for triggering the additional sound under the Prop channel if you are using a momentary switch and the sound should only be played while you hold the switch. In this case also use option "Loop / immed. stop".
Peterbilt379

Re: Random Sounds

Beitrag von Peterbilt379 »

That's very helpful. Thank you Rascal for that information. That makes sense now about how the "random" sounds are designed. I will play with the "additional" sounds option and the time slots.

Very much appreciated!
Rob
Antworten