UFR-1230 and USM-RC2 pairing

Fahrtregler für RC-Trucks und andere Fahrzeuge
Antworten
modellbilsbyggaren
UFR-1230 and USM-RC2 pairing

Beitrag von modellbilsbyggaren »

Since I am unable to read and understand the German language, I write in English.
The question has certainly been relevant earlier.

Since there are light outputs on USM and on UFR, do you get double light outputs then?
Will there be independent light outputs from each other?
How do I control the respective light outputs?

For the first time I will try to use the SM-IR-16-2.
Have always used Servonaut's modules for ir.
Which of, USM or UFR, will the signal send?

I have previously used me by USM-RC2 in all my cars and machines
Starter and owner of STOCKHOLM RC TRUCKS an associate club with over 200 interest in Sweden.

Talking Swedish, English and Finnish.
Reads and writes Swedish o English
Rascal

Re: UFR-1230 and USM-RC2 pairing

Beitrag von Rascal »

Hi,
modellbilsbyggaren hat geschrieben:Since there are light outputs on USM and on UFR, do you get double light outputs then?
Will there be independent light outputs from each other?
How do I control the respective light outputs?
You can double them but you can also configure and control them independently.
- you may use X3 of the UFR to control outputs on the UFR and USM if the output is configured as a light function
and/or
- you may use X2/2 to X2/4 of the USM to control outputs on the USM.

I suggest to activate the "Digital communication with sound module" in the Drive-Teacher and "Digital Mode with UFR ESC" in the Sound-Teacher so that speed information and control commands are send from UFR to the USM.

Example 1:
A light function (e.g. indicator left) is configured as output of the UFR and USM, then
- a control command over X3 of the UFR will switch on the indicator left on the UFR and USM, and the USM will switch on the indicator sound; the output on the SM-IR-16-2 will follow, too (which output depends on there the IR diode is connected to; see also below)
- a control command over X2/4 of the USM will switch on the indicator left on the USM (but not the UFR) and the USM will switch on the indicator sound; the output on the SM-IR-16-2 will follow only if the IR diode is connected to the USM

(The second item may not make sense for an indicator but perhaps there is some case where this behaviour is useful/wanted. However the point here is to show that there is no data flow from USM to UFR.)

Example 2:
A light function (e.g. indicator right) is configured as output on the UFR only, then
- a control command over X3 of the UFR will switch on the indicator right on the UFR and the USM will switch on the indicator sound; the respective output on the SM-IR-16-2 will follow if the IR diode is connected to the UFR
For the first time I will try to use the SM-IR-16-2.
Have always used Servonaut's modules for ir.
Which of, USM or UFR, will the signal send?
You can chose which unit will send the signal. Since you have more flexibility in configuring the outputs with the USM I would normally recommend to connect the IR diode to the USM, however if you need to transmit the steering signal to a servo output of the SM-IR-16-2 (e.g. for a steered axle of the trailer) then you should connect the IR diode to the UFR.

I suggest to configure lights that are used only on the truck to the UFR (e.g. low and high beam headlights, bending lights, fog lights ...) and all lights that are used by the truck and trailer or only the trailer on the USM (e.g. indicators) if the IR diode will be connected to the USM. This leaves most outputs on the USM available for other purposes, like non-light functions, sequences etc.
(Note: If you use the servo outputs of the USM then output 11 and 12 must not be connected on the USM but they can still be used on the SM-IR-16-2!)

As you see there are many options, so I think it's a good idea to plan the use of outputs, functions and IR connection in detail. :)
Antworten