EXM-2/USM-RC-2/UFR-1230/SM-IR-16-2

Das Erweiterungsmodul für unser Soundmodul USM-RC-2
micwic
EXM-2/USM-RC-2/UFR-1230/SM-IR-16-2

Beitrag von micwic »

A quick question, do the EXM-2 provide several proportional inputs to control the sound for USM-RC-2, and if yes, how are these transferred to the USM when those are just connected with a single cable.
if I understand it right then my UFR-1230 would connect to the EXM and then to USM so the same cable now must provide both control of the engine sound and the extra channels input, or do I used IR / data input of the USM so it is not longer possible to use SM-IR-16 2 at the same time.

I now use proportional ,
input 1 to connect UFR-1230.
input 2 to blink and steering inertia control.
input 3 for controlling the tip of the trailer so no more possibilities to control the sound or light on this.
input 4 for control of the rest, and it is just too little, compared to what I need.

Just to short it down, Do I get more channels to control sounds and lights on the USM-RC-2 or Do I only get to control the auxiliary outputs on the EXM-2
I do not lack channels on my transmitter and receiver there is plenty to go, I just need to take advantage of controlling more sounds in the USM-RC-2

please advise
Rascal

Re: EXM-2/USM-RC-2/UFR-1230/SM-IR-16-2

Beitrag von Rascal »

When the EXM is connected with the USM you will have 6 additional Prop-Channels available to control lights and sounds on the USM.

Not sure if the UFR can be connected with EXM-2 but if that's possible (I don't see a reason why not but suggest to wait for Beier to confirm) I think the connection should be like this: UFR output X4/1 to EXM X12/1 and EXM X12/S to USM X2/1. The SM-IR remains connected to USM X9.

If you want to use sound and/or auto-switch-off for the indicators and/or cornering lights (controlled via steering and/or indicators) on the USM and use steering inertia you will need to either use a Y-cable at the receiver and connect it to UFR X2 and USM X2/2 (steering servo connected to UFR X4/2) or connect the receiver steering channel with UFR X2 and UFR X4/2 with USM X2/2 (steering servo connected to USM X2/2).
If you don't need the indicator sound/auto switch-off and cornering lights you can also use Prop #2 on the USM for other functions, assuming the combination of UFR-EXM-USM is possible.

Sorry for the many "and/or" above ... :mrgreen:
micwic

Beitrag von micwic »

Thanks Rascal, I´m very grateful

"connect the receiver steering channel with UFR X2 and UFR X4/2 with USM X2/2 (steering servo connected to USM X2/2)".

That's how I did it
I'll wait and see if this combination is possible, I just can't see how all the informations can be transmitted via one patch cable
for the extra canal and the engine sound to the USM, but if it's possible I´m a happy man
Rascal

Beitrag von Rascal »

micwic hat geschrieben:That's how I did it
I'll wait and see if this combination is possible, I just can't see how all the informations can be transmitted via one patch cable
for the extra canal and the engine sound to the USM, but if it's possible I´m a happy man
Sorry, perhaps my post wasn't clear: There will be two patch connections if you also use the indicator and/or cornering light functions on the USM.

1. Engine sound signal: UFR X4/1 to EXM X12/1 -> EXM X12/S to USM X2/1
2. Steering signal: UFR X4/2 to USM X2/2 -> steering servo to USM X2/2
BEIER-Electronic Andy
Administrator

Beitrag von BEIER-Electronic Andy »

micwic hat geschrieben:I just can't see how all the informations can be transmitted via one patch cable
for the extra canal and the engine sound to the USM
If the EXM-2 is activated in the Sound-Teacher the prop #1 (X2/1) switches from a simple proportiponal input to a bidirectional communication port. It receives all proportional channels from the EXM-2 and transfers the data for the ouputs and servos to the EXM-2.
micwic

Beitrag von micwic »

Rascal hat geschrieben: Sorry, perhaps my post wasn't clear: There will be two patch connections if you also use the indicator and/or cornering light functions on the USM.

2. Steering signal: UFR X4/2 to USM X2/2 -> steering servo to USM X2/2

Thank you, I did get this, my concern was about that only one patch cable, X2 / 1, could manage both the extra channels and sound simultaneously from EXM
micwic

Beitrag von micwic »

BEIER-Electronic Andy hat geschrieben:
micwic hat geschrieben:I just can't see how all the informations can be transmitted via one patch cable
If the EXM-2 is activated in the Sound-Teacher the prop #1 (X2/1) switches from a simple proportiponal input to a bidirectional communication port. It receives all proportional channels from the EXM-2 and transfers the data for the ouputs and servos to the EXM-2.
Thanks Andy, I then really do get 6 additional proportional input to control the sounds in the USM, great news, one new order underway :D
Rascal

Beitrag von Rascal »

micwic hat geschrieben:Thank you, I did get this, my concern was about that only one patch cable, X2 / 1, could manage both the extra channels and sound simultaneously from EXM
Oh, I see what you mean now. :)
micwic

Beitrag von micwic »

micwic hat geschrieben:
BEIER-Electronic Andy hat geschrieben:
Thanks Andy, I then really do get 6 additional proportional input to control the sounds in the USM, great news, one new order underway :D
And then the gas cable from UFR should go to input X12/1 on the EXM and a patch from x12/1,1 side by side with cable X12/s to USM or is the last one enough?
Rascal

Beitrag von Rascal »

micwic hat geschrieben:And then the gas cable from UFR should go to input X12/1 on the EXM and a patch from x12/1,1 side by side with cable X12/s to USM or is the last one enough?
The last one should be enough, the only cable connected to X12/1 is the one from the UFR:
It's a bit confusing since the UFR has a special sound-module output at X4/1 because of the cruise control function, so the connections are a bit different to what is shown in the EXM manual.

@Andy,
If I may suggest please add some drawings to the EXM and UFR manuals that show how to connect UFR-EXM-USM, one drawing with indicator/cornering lights controlled by the USM and one without.
(The existing drawings can be kept to show the connections for ESCs without cruise control.)
Antworten