S-Bus questions

Soundmodul für Fahrgeräusche (speziell für RC-Modelle). Der Nachfolger des USM-RC
Antworten
Jimmy777

S-Bus questions

Beitrag von Jimmy777 »

Hello!

I just saw a video on Youtube where a guy used S-Bus and then I found out I can use it on my USM-RC-2 :D .

From reciever I use S-bus connection to X2/4, then connected the steering servo to Servo 1. In servo output I used "direct controll with" Prop #2.
And Boom... the steering works.

My throttle is gone (isn´t this on Prop #1?) I tried changing but can´t get it to work. The cable from the speed controller goes still to receiver Ch #3, so maybe thats the issue?

When I try: Configuration/s-Bus/Sumd. And I have activated S-bus X2/4

Prop #1 I put channel 3 (since the throttle is channel 3)
Prop #2 I put channel 4 (steering)

Im doing something wrong but can´t figure out what.

Also...If I wanna use a button on the transmitter that is channel 7 (for example) . I know that If I want that button on the tranmitter to play a sound or turn on a light etc. I can find it but how do I know what Prop# (1-10) too use?

I think im confusing myself :?
Rascal

Re: S-Bus questions

Beitrag von Rascal »

Hello Jimmy,
Jimmy777 hat geschrieben: Mo 2. Jan 2023, 20:30 My throttle is gone (isn´t this on Prop #1?) I tried changing but can´t get it to work. The cable from the speed controller goes still to receiver Ch #3, so maybe thats the issue?

When I try: Configuration/s-Bus/Sumd. And I have activated S-bus X2/4

Prop #1 I put channel 3 (since the throttle is channel 3)
Prop #2 I put channel 4 (steering)
The USM does not output any signal on Prop #1 to #4, so to use Prop #1 over S-Bus channel 3 and ESC connected to channel 3 on the receiver won't work unless your receiver still outputs the throttle signal via PWM output / channel 3, too. Same applies to the steering channel 4 mapped to Prop #2.

You can check the manual of your transmitter and receiver to see if there are any settings that allow you to use channel 3 and 4 over S-Bus and at the same time output the signal at the corresponding physical ports of your receiver.

Else you could to the same with the ESC what you did with the steering servo, i.e. connect it to the Servo 2 output of the USM and set "Direct control with: Prop #1".
However then both servo outputs are occupied and can't be used for other purposes.
Also...If I wanna use a button on the transmitter that is channel 7 (for example) . I know that If I want that button on the tranmitter to play a sound or turn on a light etc. I can find it but how do I know what Prop# (1-10) too use?
You can assign channel 7 to any of the Prop channels under Configuration > S-Bus/SUMD. Say you want to configure Prop channel #9 for the sound/light function select "S-BUS/SUMD Ch. 7" next to "Prop #9:". Then go to Configuration > Proportional channels > Prop #9 and assign the desired functions.
To simplify things you can of course do a 1:1 mapping, i.e. "Prop #5: S-BUS/SUMD Ch. 5", "Prop #6: S-BUS/SUMD Ch. 6" and so on (taking into consideration that this may not work for the stick channels 1-4).
Antworten