Very simple light setup

Soundmodul für Fahrgeräusche (speziell für RC-Modelle). Der Nachfolger des USM-RC
Antworten
waqr

Very simple light setup

Beitrag von waqr »

Hi!

I have a lightbar that I want to be able to connect to the Beier USM and control on/off via the radio. What is the easiest way to do this?

Red cable from the lightbar to X1/8 and then where do I connect the black cable to? Also how do I connect this in the software?

Thanks!
Rascal

Re: Very simple light setup

Beitrag von Rascal »

Hello,

since X1/8 is battery plus please check first that the light bar can handle the battery voltage (some are only specified from 4.8 to 6V). The black cable (minus) will be connected to any of the outputs, let's say output 4.

In the Sound-Teacher go to Configuration > Outputs > Outputs USM-RC-2 and configure output 4 as "Static (sound, prop)".
Then assign the function "Output 4" to one of the following:
- Configuration > Proportional channels > Prop #X
- Configuration > Nautic/Multiswitch > Nautic/Multiswitch X
- Configuration > EKMFA

Which one depends on your transmitter / input device (stick, switch, multiswitch module ...) and preferred input method.
waqr

Beitrag von waqr »

Thank you very much for the reply. Did as per your instructions it and worked out just fine :)

Today I also have a second pair of lights that are controlled via a three position switch (via a separate electronic switch) I figured that I could remove this switch and just use the USM controlboard instead just like I now do for the ledbar.

How do I connect things if I want to have these lights to lit up once I flick the switch to the first position and then once I flick the switch all the way down the ledbar comes on.

So to clarify even better, this is how I have it today:

- Ledbar connected as per you instructions and is controlled via Switch A on the Flysky I6s
- Today I also have a second pair of lights connected to a three pos switch on the radio. I want these lights to come on once I flick the switch to the first pos and then the ledbar to come on once I flick the switch all the way down.

So I want to have the ledbar and these other lights connected to the same three pos switch on the radio with the option to have these lights on seprately or together with the ledbar.

Do you understand what I mean?
Rascal

Beitrag von Rascal »

Hello,

is this the same question as posted here?
waqr

Beitrag von waqr »

Yes, I guess so but my question also involves how to add one ledbar and two leds to the same switch. As mentioned I want to have the leds coming on when switching to the neutral pos on the 3 way switch and both the leds and the lightbar when going all down on the switch.
Rascal

Beitrag von Rascal »

Hello,

this won't work if the switch is a 1-0-1 (on-off-on) switch as you can't assign a function to the neutral (N) position.
But you can asssign the LEDs to area A with "Short/Long in position (memory)" and the lightbar to area D without memory by using "In posititon (static)".
Operate the switch as a momentary switch for position A (neutral > up > neutral) to switch on the LEDs and then switch to the down position to activate the light bar. To turn the lightbar off go back to neutral, or to turn everything off go directly from down to up and back to neutral.
waqr

Beitrag von waqr »

Thanks Rascal :)

However, I still do not understand how I should connect it all. Say that I now have the ledbar on one on/off switch on my radio. This is connected with red wire to port X1/8 and the black wire is connected to channel 4 on the USM RC controlboard. This works great as per you earlier instructions.

However, if I want to add addtional lights to have on another on/off switch on the radio how do I do this? Port X1/8 is already taken on the USM controlboard (by the ledbar) asper above. Can I connect the red wire from these additional lights to this port aswell hence have two wires in the X1/8 port?
Rascal

Beitrag von Rascal »

Hello,

you can connect multiple wires to X1/8, or better connect a single wire to X1/8 and then connect the other wires to that single wire. Either by soldering them or using some distribution board for example.

Since X1/8 is directly connected with battery plus you can also tap the plus directly from the battery if you prefer.
waqr

Beitrag von waqr »

Today I tried to setup to have the breakhammer to output 5 on the USM controlboard but I cant get i to work. I have the red cable to X1/8 and the black to output 4/5 on the controlboard. The switch I am using is a 3 pos switch (channel 7 on the radio) since I do not have any two pos switch free on the radio. On the output tab I put static sound to output 5 and set output 5 to section A on proportional channel 7 but it still does not work.

Can I have an on /off function set to a three pos switch?
Rascal

Beitrag von Rascal »

What's a breakhammer? And why does it connect to two outputs?

A 3-pos switch (on-off-on) will work just fine, that way you can control two functions - one in area A and one in area D.

Also please upload your project file (*.usm) for me to check.

Hint:
If something does not work use a LED (with resistor in series) that is known to work to check if the output can be switched on/off via the transmitter. If that works ok any problem must be with the attached device.
Also if you have a function that can be controlled ok (like the lightbar) you can try using that switch by changing the configuration temporarily. That way you are able to determine if there is a problem with the new switch or something else.
Antworten