Lautstärke - Volume

Soundmodul für Fahrgeräusche (speziell für RC-Modelle). Der Nachfolger des USM-RC
Antworten
bartokwhite

Lautstärke - Volume

Beitrag von bartokwhite »

Hello dear Beier Team.

I've just run my one sixth scale model tank at a big model show at the UK Tank Museum and the audience made a lot of very good comments about the sound with USM-RC-2, EXM-2 and EMS-24-G. But... I need more volume. I have both potentiometer volume control in the tank and volume control on the EMS-24-G. My sound files are recorded at the highest levels without clipping.

Meine Frage: If I increase the volume % in sound teacher above 100%, will I get an absolute increase in volume or does that reduce the volume of other tracks ie make a relative change? I also notice that after I have changed a volume percentage in Sound Teacher, the next time I open it, all the sounds are at 100%. Can you please explain how this works?

Nun auf Deutsch, hoffentlich.

Ich habe gerade meinen sechsten Modellpanzer bei einer großen Modellausstellung im britischen Panzermuseum gefahren und das Publikum hat viele sehr gute Kommentare über den Sound mit USM-RC-2, EXM-2 und EMS-24-G abgegeben . Aber... ich brauche mehr Lautstärke. Ich habe sowohl Potentiometer-Lautstärkeregler im Panzer als auch Lautstärkeregler am EMS-24-G. Meine Tondateien werden auf höchstem Niveau ohne Clipping aufgenommen.

Meine Frage: Wenn ich die Lautstärke % im Sound Teacher über 100 % erhöhe, erhalte ich dann eine absolute Lautstärkeerhöhung oder reduziert das die Lautstärke anderer Tracks, dh ändert sich relativ? Ich bemerke auch, dass, nachdem ich einen Lautstärkeprozentsatz in Sound Teacher geändert habe, beim nächsten Öffnen alle Sounds auf 100% stehen. Können Sie bitte erklären, wie das funktioniert?

Danke sehr
Rascal

Re: Lautstärke - Volume

Beitrag von Rascal »

Hello,

the volume change is absolute. Values above 100% may result in distortion if the overall volume control is set to a high level.
I think the better solution to your problem is hardware, i.e. using an external power amplifier with matching speaker.

I can't reproduce the problem where all sound slots default to 100% after opening the project file. Did you save the file to the PC (blue or red disk icon) after making the changes?
If yes, which software version are you using (it's shown in the headline of the Sound-Teacher window)? If possible make some screenshots please.
bartokwhite

Hello, thank you as ever for your quick and very helpful reply.

- Abosolute sound volume - great. I've increased the main engine sounds to 220-250% and it has given me enough volume for now. I'll look at an external amplifier. Could you please point me towards any helpful posts or information on audio out from the USM-RC-2? Thanks.

- Sound volume default to 100%. I'm using V1.80b. I've used both Save Project and Save Project As to save to local disk and not had the values change:
Screenshot 2021-09-06 151920.jpg
Screenshot 2021-09-06 151920.jpg (367.56 KiB) 1324 mal betrachtet
When I save to SD card, then upload the sound file back to the hard disk, the values are all 100%
Screenshot 2021-09-06 151537.jpg
Screenshot 2021-09-06 151537.jpg (361.07 KiB) 1324 mal betrachtet
It's not a big problem as long as the file on the hard disk remains but if I edit the file on the SD card in Sound Teacher, I don't know how much the volume percentage has changed since the last edit.

Thanks again. Beier USM-RC-2 is superb.
Rascal

Beitrag von Rascal »

Hello,
bartokwhite hat geschrieben: Mo 6. Sep 2021, 16:45 - Abosolute sound volume - great. I've increased the main engine sounds to 220-250% and it has given me enough volume for now. I'll look at an external amplifier. Could you please point me towards any helpful posts or information on audio out from the USM-RC-2? Thanks.
There is no pre-amp out, so you have to use the loudspeaker outputs with a hi/low converter (unless the amplifier can handle high level at its input) and a 10nF capacitor across the wires. See this thread for more information including a wiring diagram (linked in post #2).
It's not a big problem as long as the file on the hard disk remains but if I edit the file on the SD card in Sound Teacher, I don't know how much the volume percentage has changed since the last edit.
That's correct, normally you would just use the project files stored on the PC for making modifications and then save the changes to PC and SD card, or transfer via the data cable.
The import function is just for the purpose of recovery in case the project files on the PC are lost (files corrupted or deleted, hard disk / PC replaced etc.).
Naturally it wouldn't hurt to regularly back up the data of the PC so that you can recover those files, too. :)
bartokwhite

Thanks, your reply, as ever, is really helpful. I'm sorry to be so slow in responding. I've been at a model show this weekend and next weekend, we have TankFest at the UK Tank Museum. It will be a big public event for my Beier sounds. Thanks for all your help in getting my tank ready. All set now. Best regards. Stephen
Antworten