Time division multiplexing conversion to PWM

Soundmodul für Fahrgeräusche (speziell für RC-Modelle). Der Nachfolger des USM-RC
Antworten
bartokwhite

Time division multiplexing conversion to PWM

Beitrag von bartokwhite »

Hi, help please.

I have a USM-RC-2 with EXM-2 expansion in a model tank and I have an EMS-24-G fitted to my OpenTX transmitter (FrSky Taranis X9D Plus).

I want to find a way to control a single LED (machine gun flash) with two different sounds. I have the sounds programmed separately to two switch positions on the EMS-24-G. I'm converting my model from another sound card to all Beier modules. I currently have the LEDs controlled by a rotary encoder fitted to a single proportional channel. It sends two different PWM signals to a splitter box which then outputs the LED flashes according to which sound is played.

Is there a way of programming my Beier installation to select one of two output modes to the same LED? Is this possible in sound teacher or is there a way via OpenTX?

Vielen Dank.

Stephen
BEIER-Electronic Andy
Administrator

Re: Time division multiplexing conversion to PWM

Beitrag von BEIER-Electronic Andy »

Hello Stephen,

i am not sure i understand your problem correctly. But you can activate an output using different sounds.

If you take the output type "Flashing" and set the threshold well, then the output will flicker to match the MG sound being played.

ausgänge über zusatzsounds.png
ausgänge über zusatzsounds.png (11.96 KiB) 1789 mal betrachtet
bartokwhite

Thank you so much, I'm very grateful. I created a problem which doesn't exist! I've now tried what you suggest and it works perfectly. Thank you again. I'm so impressed with what I've been able to do with my Beier modules. Once I've completed the installation, I'll put a short video on my YouTube Channel and describe what I've done on my thread on the Armortek Forum. There are a number of owners on the Forum who live in Germany and are familiar with your equipment.

Best regards.

Stephen
bartokwhite

Thank you for your help. May I ask a further question please?

What is the best way to output a precise PWM value and associate it with a specific Additional Sound? I looked at the method you suggested above but it would require a re-wiring of the model which I would like to avoid.

Here is my current setup using a PWM rotary encoder:

No sound - PWM value 2010us
Machine gun sound 1 - PWM value 1758us - LED 1
Machine gun sound 2 - PWM value 1585us - LED 1
Machine gun sound 3 - PWM value 1500us - LED 2

I currently use a single proportional channel to output these values to a splitter box which matches the frequency of the flashes to the sounds and allocates the output to the correct LED.

Can I use a Servo Output, say Servo 3 on the EXM-2 module, to set a Home position (no additional sound), and three positions to play the three additional machine gun sounds and how do I allocate each additional sound to the correct position?

I can see that under the Configuration - Nautic/Multiswitch, I can activate Servo Positons using a multiswitch and in the Servo Outputs page I can set the exact position in millisecs. I can not see how I can then allocate an additional sound to that servo position. As I said above, I need four servo positions, +100% 2010us = no additional sound and three servo positions, each activating a different additional sound.

I'm a little confused about how to associate an additional sound with a specific servo position. Thank you again.

Best regards.

Stephen
BEIER-Electronic Andy
Administrator

Beitrag von BEIER-Electronic Andy »

Unfortunately, it is not possible to use a servo output. At least I can't think of a solution to this.

But maybe there is one possibility:
If you set the neutral position of the USM-RC-2 to 1.600 ms and set the thresholds accordingly, it could work:
PWM rotary encoder.png
PWM rotary encoder.png (18.01 KiB) 1757 mal betrachtet
bartokwhite

That’s customer support! Thank you so much for responding so quickly. I’ll try that today and hope for success.
bartokwhite

Your solution works! It's not totally ideal but with some tuning has given me a workable solution. I've now been able to integrate the Beier modules completely into my model and have been able to add new functionality. The ability to edit files and to tune the engine sounds to the model is the reason why the Beier products are the most powerful available. Thank you very much indeed.
Antworten