Rotating Beacon

Lichtmodule für Auflieger und Anhänger
Antworten
Eivinboy

Rotating Beacon

Beitrag von Eivinboy »

Ive got a rotating beacon on my trailer that i was gonna wire to my SM-IR-16-2 but i cant see in the manual where to connect it. Ive checked the sound teacher but not understanding anything there about it. There arent any settings for outputs over 12. So cant figure out where to connect it or where to put the function LM: Rotating Beacon.
Rascal

Re: Rotating Beacon

Beitrag von Rascal »

Hello,

the functions "LM: Rotating beacon" as well as "LM: Flasher" and "LM: Chaser light" use outputs 13-16 on the SM-IR-16-2 to 'create' the lights, i.e. you would need to connect 4 LEDs which will then display the pattern according to the selected function. This is meant for usage cases where you build your own beacon, flasher or chaser light.

See the manual on pages 10 to 12 for details.

Also note that outputs 13-16 can only be used for the special light functions, i.e. it is not possible to control them independently. (The LM-XX-16-4 modules can do this in combination with the USM-RC-3, SFR-1 or UFR-1230.)

If you have a ready-to-use rotating beacon you can just switch it via any output from 1 to 12 that is configured as output type "Static (Sound, Prop)" and use the function "Output X" to activate. See here for a wiring diagram, "RKL" is the beacon.
If your beacon can handle higher voltages you may connect it directly to battery+ instead of the BEC.

If you have a 'made in China' beacon with servo connector (AX-510, AX-511) that is normally connected to the receiver you can connect it to one of the servo outputs of the SM-IR-16-2. There are several options how to control the beacon connected to a servo output, see from this post onwards for detailed instructions but select the respective LM Servo instead.
Antworten