Cyclic Red light not blinking SM-IR-16-2

Lichtmodule für Auflieger und Anhänger
Antworten
Andy Wright

Cyclic Red light not blinking SM-IR-16-2

Beitrag von Andy Wright »

I wired up my lights, tested everything is good, mounted my infra Red diode by the end of the trailer, and now the cyclic Red light does not flash, the green light is lit at all times. Has any one any ideas on this. Battery is 7.2v.
Andy Wright

Re: Cyclic Red light not blinking SM-IR-16-2

Have tried the IR diode on another trailer and it doesn’t work. Could this have been caused by adding a 10cm servo extension lead.
Rascal

Beitrag von Rascal »

Hello Andy,

I also use an extension lead for the transmitter IR diode and it works fine. However it could be possible that your's is faulty, thus please check without the extension lead if possible or try another one to exclude the lead as possible cause.

That being said please check that you have selected the correct protocol for the SM-IR-16-2:
Under Configuration > General > Light module select "SM-IR-16-2 or LM-IR-16-4 (Infrared - slow)"

You may be able to check the IR transmitter diode using your smartphone, some cameras do not have an IR filter and thus the IR light should be visible on the screen as a purple glow.
Check your TV remote first with front and back cameras, if one of them works use that for checking the IR transmitter diode when connected to the SFR-1.

If that is also ok check the connection of the IR receiver to the SM-IR-16-2, i.e. is it connected in the correct orientation to X4/1?
Andy Wright

I couldn’t get this IR lead to work on my other trailer, don’t know what I have done to it, tried it without the extension, and also on another trailer, have thought of soldering the extension on, and then it would have a new plug, may try this tomorrow,
Andy Wright

So I have tried the diode on another trailer unit and it didn’t work, and tried the diode of another trailer unit, all is OK, so ordered a replacement diode. Don’t know why this has failed, but at least it is inexpensive to repair.
Antworten