DMW 998-1DJ Trailer legs set

Lichtmodule für Auflieger und Anhänger
Antworten
Andy Wright

DMW 998-1DJ Trailer legs set

Beitrag von Andy Wright »

Is it possible to run the DMW 998-1DJ Trailer legs set directly from the servo output, I can not find any information on the supply voltage required. The leg set comes complete with its own mini esc.
Zuletzt geändert von Andy Wright am Fr 20. Aug 2021, 19:04, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Rascal

Re: DMW 998-1DJ Trailer legs set

Beitrag von Rascal »

Hello,

I think voltage will not be a problem, if it's meant to run of a servo output it will be around 5V, but the current could be an issue. The servo outputs of the SM-IR-16-2 can handle 600mA and the LM-XX-16-4 can handle 1A (4A for a short period) in total.
Thus it will depend on the current consumption of the trailer legs under load and additional servos connected.

If the current consumption exceeds the specification there are two options:
1. If the supply voltage of the trailer module is within the range of 5-6V *) you can wire the plus from the servo cable directly to the battery plus; see the wiring diagram in the manual for the SM-IR-16-2 page 8.
2. Supply the trailer legs from a BEC, i.e. the plus of the servo cable from the trailer legs connects to plus of the BEC, signal and minus to the servo output of the trailer module.

*) Please ask the supplier of the trailer legs to confirm the maximum allowed voltage!
Andy Wright

It is the current I am worrying about, I may just run +ve of the esc to the supply. I cannot find any information of the DMW trailer leg set, I assume they are a Hercules Hobby product. I do know the Tamiya legs are 3 volt, but I supplied the esc for that one, but the DMW legs come with the esc, which only has a servo type plug on it for direct connection to a RX. Shame I didn’t buy the newer version of the trailer unit, as it supplies more amps.
Rascal

Beitrag von Rascal »

Hi,

you can google "EMCT3434" for more information but there seems to be none about the voltage or current.

I would not use a supply of more than 6V since the ESC would normally connect to a receiver, which typically runs on 5-6V. A fully charged battery shall not exceed this value, too, so the limit would be 4 NiMH cells.
Andy Wright

I have had replies from two ebay traders on this item, one says he uses 2 -3s, and one uses 7.4v, so I will connect these to my trailer unit and split the +ve and connect it direct to the batteries, in my case 7.2v, as I don’t know the amps.
Antworten