Aux. Channels won't run servo outputs.

Lichtmodule für Auflieger und Anhänger
lanceks1

Re: Aux. Channels won't run servo outputs.

Beitrag von lanceks1 »

Ive set the positions, changed to servo 1 pos 1, servo1 pos2. 0n C&D of servo 2 on receiver. Could it be that i have transmitter channel 2 working the speed on A,&B positions. And channel 1 steering.
Dateianhänge
Mack.sfr
(39.5 KiB) 167-mal heruntergeladen
Rascal

Beitrag von Rascal »

lanceks1 hat geschrieben: Fr 18. Dez 2020, 21:49 Ive set the positions, changed to servo 1 pos 1, servo1 pos2. 0n C&D of servo 2 on receiver.
I dunno what you are doing with the receiver now but you should configure Prop #2 positions CD with servo 1 (instead of IR servo 1):
servo.png
servo.png (90.51 KiB) 3752 mal betrachtet
Once you understand that principle you can configure servo 2 accordingly on any available prop channel you like.
Could it be that i have transmitter channel 2 working the speed on A,&B positions. And channel 1 steering.
I don't know, depends on your transmitter and the mode you selected. You haven't mentioned yet what transmitter and receiver you are using but this information should be in the manual of your transmitter, else just connect a servo to the receiver channels - one after the other - to figure it out.
I.e. plug the servo to channel 1 and move the throttle stick. If the servo does not move connect the servo to receiver channel 2, move the throttle stick and so on until you find the correct channel. When you find the throttle channel connect it with Prop #1 of the SFR-1. Repeat for steering channel by moving the steering stick only and connect the steering servo to there, or optionally Prop #2 of the SFR-1 (see previous post about options to control indicator lights via steering); in this case the steering servo must be connected to X5/L on the SFR-1. Prop #2 can then not be used to control any functions (light, sound ...) anymore.

Note: The SFR-1 does not care which receiver channel is throttle and steering but Prop #1 is always "throttle input" and Prop #2 is always "steering input" (if activated).
Also speed/throttle does not use A&B positions but the entire channel, same as the steering when activated.
lanceks1

Beitrag von lanceks1 »

So, (not from prop#1, or prop#2 if there activated). So I need prop 3,4,5,6. to make the IRM servos work, correct. Need to move functions from these channels to make room for IRM activation?
Dateianhänge
Mack.sfr
(39.5 KiB) 165-mal heruntergeladen
Rascal

Beitrag von Rascal »

I don't know what IRM is, it would help if you use the proper terminology and notations (of the connections etc.) as stated in the manual to avoid any confusion. I already suggested how you free up a channel and move functions, see my previous posts. Just try it out, and if you have specific questions please don't hesitate to ask.
lanceks1

Beitrag von lanceks1 »

Sorry, I meant IR(servos). Just repeating that Prop. 1& prop2 wont work, because they are throttle, and steering. So i have to use prop3to prop6 to control the SM-IR-16-2 servo positions only. Not any of the Aux. channels 7-12. RadioLink AT10II trans, R12DS rec.
Rascal

Beitrag von Rascal »

You still seem to confuse prop channels with receiver / aux channels - prop channels denote those one the SFR-1 only.
Any of the receiver channels - including [aux] 7-12 - can be connected with any of the prop channels #3-6 to control the IR servos, or any other function for that matter (lights, sounds, sequences etc.).

There is no requirement to match e.g. channel 3 of the receiver with prop #3 of the SFR, it can also be receiver channel 8 / aux 8 to prop #3 or receiver channel 4 to prop #6, subject to whichever input device (stick, switch, potentiometer) and channel that you decide you want to use but also taking into account what function you want to control (e.g. using a switch does not work well for steplessly variable volume control while using a potentiometer may not be that user-friendly for switching a light and a sound on/off).
lanceks1

Beitrag von lanceks1 »

Understand that , as long as i use 1-6 on the receiver, doesn't matter what aux channel runs it. But has to be 1-6 usable. Now sound can only be controlled by Prop#6, (correct, according to ST). Lights can be any prop. its on prop#5 now, but i already have all the props taken up. Have to move something from the props, to assign something else. So still have to use Prop#1-Prop#6 to control the SM-IR-16. (Correct)??? Second receiver might be the answer??
Rascal

Beitrag von Rascal »

Hello,
lanceks1 hat geschrieben: Sa 26. Dez 2020, 19:28 Understand that , as long as i use 1-6 on the receiver, ...
If you really meant to say "receiver" (and not SFR-1) then I am afraid you did not understand.
doesn't matter what aux channel runs it. But has to be 1-6 usable. Now sound can only be controlled by Prop#6, (correct, according to ST).
"Direct volume control" is currently configured on Prop #6, alternatively you can use the functions "Volume+" and "Volume-", no stepless control then but it will allow you to assign additional functions to Prop #6.
Lights can be any prop. its on prop#5 now, but i already have all the props taken up. Have to move something from the props, to assign something else.
You only have to move them if you need an entire prop channel to be freed for the following functions/features:
  • Steering (Prop #2)
  • Direct volume control (Prop #1 to Prop #6)
  • Direct servo control (Prop #1 to Prop #6)
  • Nautic/Multiswitch (Prop #3 and/or Prop #4)
  • EKMFA (Prop #3 only)
  • Control pad (Prop #3 and/or Prop #4)
  • S-BUS/SUMD/i-Bus (Prop #6)
You don't have to move anything if you don't need an entire prop channel and use the long/short option instead.
So still have to use Prop#1-Prop#6 to control the SM-IR-16. (Correct)???
Not correct, Prop #1 is throttle, so you can't use that; if you activate steering on Prop #2 you can't use that either.

You can assign functions of the SFR-1 and the SM-IR-16-2 to the same prop channel, it does not have to be exclusive one or the other. (Unless it's a function or feature that occupies an entire prop channel, see the list above.)
Second receiver might be the answer??
A second receiver does not give you more prop inputs on the SFR-1. Your transmitter and receiver seem to support S-BUS though, which you can use to increase the number of channels between transmitter and SFR-1. See the manual of the SFR-1 pages 34 and 63, and of course the manual of your transmitter/receiver on how to activate and configure S-BUS.
lanceks1

Beitrag von lanceks1 »

I just need two to three reliable servo outputs on my trailer. So a second receiver gives me all my aux, 7-12 channels on the trailer. Thanks for all the help, i'll see what is most workable for my setup!! :)
Antworten