Aux. Channels won't run servo outputs.

Lichtmodule für Auflieger und Anhänger
lanceks1

Aux. Channels won't run servo outputs.

Beitrag von lanceks1 »

All of my Prop. channels are mostly full, 1-6. But the servo outputs on the SM-IR-16-2 need 1-6 to run. Any way to make the aux channels work the IR unit servo outputs? :o
Rascal

Re: Aux. Channels won't run servo outputs.

Beitrag von Rascal »

Hello,

so you are using a SFR-1 with the SM-IR-16-2? What do you mean by "aux channels"?
But the servo outputs on the SM-IR-16-2 need 1-6 to run.
Sorry but do not understand this statement at all. What would you actually like to achieve?
lanceks1

Beitrag von lanceks1 »

My Aux channels are 5-12. 5 is used for lights, as prop channels only go up to 6. And 6 is used for sound control as shown in S.T. I was thinking surely the IR-16-2 would include more than the six prop. channels that are usually taken up already, to run the servos. The IR-16-2 is working awesome otherwise!
Dateianhänge
Mack.sfr
(39.5 KiB) 138-mal heruntergeladen
Rascal

Beitrag von Rascal »

Hello,

you only need a full prop-channel for direct (proportional) control of the IR servos. If that is not required you can use the servo positions instead and assign the functions to any of the prop channels 3 to 6.

Under Configuration > Proportional channels > Prop #2 you have configured "IR: Servo 1 position 1" - is this intentional since prop #2 is usually used for steering?
If you want the IR servo to follow the steering (rather than moving to one position only) remove that function and activate the "Direct servo control with" and select "Steering" under Configuration > Servo outputs > SM-IR-16-2: Servo 1+2
You can limit the servo travel with the % value; negative values will invert the direction.
I was thinking surely the IR-16-2 would include more than the six prop.
You mean the SFR-1? If you need to free up a prop channel move functions to other prop channels and use the short/long option.
If your transmitters allows you may also consider to mix 2 switches to one channel, one switch with servo travel +/-100% and the other switch with +/-50%. Then you can use areas ABCD for that prop channel.
lanceks1

Beitrag von lanceks1 »

I have Prop 1for steering, Prop 2 for travel using AB only. I tried using Prop 2 CD to control the ir servo but it didnt work. I have P3 a for horn, P3 b for CD Player,P3 c for track change, P3 d for direction change. P4 A is a start engine, D flashers. P5 is lights on and off, using ABCD i believe. P6 is volume using ABCD i believe. Only opening I see is Prop 2 c,d, and Prop 4 b,c. So id like to get Prop 2 CD controlling the ir servo. Perhaps 2c for one ir servo, and 2d for the other. Or wait for the ir outputs to include my aux 7-12 channels?
Rascal

Beitrag von Rascal »

Hello
lanceks1 hat geschrieben: Mo 14. Dez 2020, 20:25 I have Prop 1for steering,
Prop #1 is fixed as throttle.

If you have a truck, which I assume based on the project file name, then the steering would normally be on Prop #2, but you have to activate it under Configuration > General > Module configuration by enabling "Steering with prop. channel #2". Steering is required for the following functions:
• Activation of indicator lights by steering
• Automatically switching of indicator lights via steering
• Steering inertia and steering angle limitation
• Transmission of steering signals to light module SM-IR-16-2 via infrared
Prop 2 for travel using AB only.
What is "for travel"?
I tried using Prop 2 CD to control the ir servo but it didnt work.
I assume you probably forgot to activate "Automatic return to home position, if no other position is selected". Without this the servo won't center itself if you bring the switch or stick back to neutral position. (You can also set the home position to anything else than center position, if required.)
I have P3 a for horn, P3 b for CD Player,P3 c for track change, P3 d for direction change. P4 A is a start engine, D flashers. P5 is lights on and off, using ABCD i believe. nly opening I see is Prop 2 c,d, and Prop 4 b,c. So id like to get Prop 2 CD controlling the ir servo. Perhaps 2c for one ir servo, and 2d for the other.
You still can use the short/long option as described in my post above.

If you want to use prop #2 C and D just assign the functions "IR Servo 1 Position 1" and "IR Servo 1 Position 2" to there. Don't forget to configure a value for "Position #2" of IR Servo 1 under Configuration > Servo outputs > SM-IR-16-2: Servo 1+2 and activate "Automatic return to home position, if no other position is selected", too.
Or wait for the ir outputs to include my aux 7-12 channels?
The two IR servo outputs are not tied to any specific channel, so if you connect e.g. receiver channel 9 with any of the prop inputs (2 to 6) of the SFR-1 you can use that channel to control the IR servo.

Since the SFR-1 supports S-BUS, SUMD and i-BUS with up to 16 channels over one connection (Prop #6) there should be more than enough channels to control the different functions of the SFR-1, assuming your transmitter and receiver support one of those protocols.
lanceks1

Beitrag von lanceks1 »

Prop. #2 (travel) means "Throttle". Ive put channel 10 &11 from receiver to servo 1 &2, on SFR. Nothing happened. Are servo 1&2 on SFR only outputs? If so where do they get their inputs?
lanceks1

Beitrag von lanceks1 »

Ive activated all the checks in the servos in ST. Hooking a servo direct to SFR servo1 &servo2 outputs I still cant get any movement with Prop 2CD positions.
Dateianhänge
Mack.sfr
(39.5 KiB) 131-mal heruntergeladen
Rascal

Beitrag von Rascal »

Hello,
lanceks1 hat geschrieben: Do 17. Dez 2020, 22:59 Prop. #2 (travel) means "Throttle".
Is that "Prop #2" of your receiver? On the SFR-1 the throttle is always on Prop #1 (X2/1).
If the throttle is on receiver channel #2 then plug Prop #1 of the SFR-1 to there.
Ive put channel 10 &11 from receiver to servo 1 &2, on SFR. Nothing happened. Are servo 1&2 on SFR only outputs?
Yes, they are only outputs.
If so where do they get their inputs?
The principles are the same as described in my previous post about controlling the IR Servos:
- If you want to use servo positions they do not require a specific input, instead they are controlled via the functions "Servo X Positon Y" which can be triggered from any available prop channel input (not via throttle on Prop #1 and not via steering on Prop #2, if activated).
- If you want to use proportional, direct servo control they need to be tied to a prop channel input, which you can do under Configuration > Servo outputs > Servo 1+2. At the bottom you find the option "Direct servo control with:" and a drop-down menu for selecting the desired prop channel input.

For more details refer to the manual pages 43, 77 to 79.
Rascal

Beitrag von Rascal »

lanceks1 hat geschrieben: Fr 18. Dez 2020, 00:17 Ive activated all the checks in the servos in ST. Hooking a servo direct to SFR servo1 &servo2 outputs I still cant get any movement with Prop 2CD positions.
That's becaue Prop #2 CD is currently configured for IR Servo 1. Change the functions to "Servo 1 Position 1" and "Servo 1 Position 2" respectively.

But note that you have not configured position 2 for servo 1 (and IR servo 1) yet, so activating the function in area D will have the same effect as switching off the function in area C; the servo will then return to its home position automatically (currently configured as 1,5ms).

So if you make a "smart configuration" you can force the servo into three positions with two functions only:
- position 1 by activating function 1
- position 2 by activating function 2
- home position when neither function 1 nor 2 is activated
Antworten