Voltage too high

Fahrtregler für Modelle mit zwei Antriebsmotoren
Antworten
Matthijs

Voltage too high

Beitrag von Matthijs »

I am using the UFR-1230-D with a 5 cell li-ion battery. It worked fine for a while, but after charging the battery the controller doesn't start. The green and blue led blink slowly. Using another battery which is not fully charged it works again. The working battery measures ~19 volt and the controller beeps 5 times when connected. The fullt charged battery measures 20,7 volt and only gives the blinking leds, no beeps no drive. Do I need a different battery or can this be configured to work somehow?

Thanks in advance,

Matthijs

(ps. reply in german is OK.)
Rascal

Re: Voltage too high

Beitrag von Rascal »

Hi,

the UFR-1230-D is rated up to 18V only, so a fully-charged 5-cell battery is just above the limit. As such a change of the battery would be recommended.

Alternatively you can try to tap the Plus from the 4th cell via the balancer cable so that the supply voltage to the ESC will be lower. The minus connection remains the same (must be the minus of the whole pack).
However this may result in the cells being drained unequally.
Oldchap

Beitrag von Oldchap »

Hi,

I would prefer to use the full 5 cell battery to avoid unequal discharging, but I would use 3 or 4 power diodes to reduce the voltage for the UFR under 18 volts.
Gruß

Gerhard
Administrator

Beitrag von BEIER-Electronic Andy »

Please do not use a voltage higher than 18 V with the UFR-1230-D. The hardware is only designed up to a maximum of 18 V!
Antworten