USM-RC-2 dont work

Soundmodul für Fahrgeräusche (speziell für RC-Modelle). Der Nachfolger des USM-RC
Antworten
Rastislav

USM-RC-2 dont work

Beitrag von Rastislav »

Hello, I would like to know about the USM-RC-2 sound module. When first connected and tested, the module worked.
As soon as I wanted to rearrange and store it in the Tatra 815, it does not react at all and does not light up. If I connect the motor, the controller and the servo work like this.
Audio power does not work. Do you have any advice.
Thank you Best regards
Rascal

Re: USM-RC-2 dont work

Beitrag von Rascal »

Hello,
Rastislav hat geschrieben: Di 26. Jan 2021, 15:15 Hello, I would like to know about the USM-RC-2 sound module. When first connected and tested, the module worked.
As soon as I wanted to rearrange and store it in the Tatra 815, it does not react at all and does not light up.
Disconnect all cables from the USM-RC-2 except the battery to X1/1 Plus and X1/2 Minus. What is the voltage with the modul connected?

If the voltage is in the correct range (5-14 VDC) the green LED must lit up steadily. If it doesn't the module is likely faulty. Try another battery to confirm.
If I connect the motor, the controller and the servo work like this.
Please clarify what "work like this" means.
Audio power does not work.
Please clarify: The entire module does not work or only the audio does not work (but lights do work)?
Rastislav

Beitrag von Rastislav »

The module does not work.
No LED is lit. Neither blue nor green.
Tatra through the module works, but sounds do not work.
I don't have the lights on yet.

I also changed the battery to know if there was a problem. But nothing happens.
BEIER-Electronic Andy
Administrator

Beitrag von BEIER-Electronic Andy »

Hello Rastislav,

the green LED on the USM-RC-2 is supplied directly via the internal 3,3 V voltage of the module.

If the green LED does not light up, the module either has no voltage at all or it is defective.

Pull out the sd card and check if the battery is correctly connected to X1/1 and X1/2. If the green LED does not light up then you have to send the module to us for checking.
MoD

Beitrag von MoD »

Hallo Andy.

Sorry für etwas Off-Topic aber beim Lesen der o.g. Problematik stellt sich mir die Frage ob die Beier Module wie z.B. das USM-RC-2 bzgl. der Versorgungsspannung einen irgendwie gearteten Verpolungsschutz haben?

Die Anleitung schweigt sich diesbezüglich leider aus.

Gruß Roland
BEIER-Electronic Andy
Administrator

Beitrag von BEIER-Electronic Andy »

Das ist bei den verschiedenen Modulen immer etwas unterschiedlich.

Beim USM-RC-2 ist am Eingang der Versorgungsspannung eine Diode in Sperrrichtung verbaut. Die kann aber nur max. 1 A. Diese Diode bringt also nur das in Kombination mit einer Sicherung. Aber auch mit Sicherung besteht es ein Restrisiko, da Halbleiter in der Regel schneller kaputt gehen, als eine Sicherung durchbrennt.

Bei den UFR- und SFR-Modulen gibt es keinen direkten Verpolschutz, da das hier aus Platzgründen einfach nicht möglich war, hier einen sinnvollen Verpolungsschutz einzubauen.

Das SM-IR-16-2 hat jedoch eine Verpolschutzdiode (in Reihe), da hier eben nicht so große Ströme fließen.
Antworten