EXM2 steering wit SBUS connection

Soundmodul für Fahrgeräusche (speziell für RC-Modelle). Der Nachfolger des USM-RC
Antworten
JaFa

EXM2 steering wit SBUS connection

Beitrag von JaFa »

Dear Beier,

I use a USM-RC2 on a SBUS connection combined with a OpenTX receiver and a Arduino Multiswitch of NVM controlled by EKMFA,
With the multiswitch i can steer op to 30 functions, and with sounds this is working, but i need also the multiswitch functions, ik know that on the EXM2 there is no sound on the outputs 13 till 22 but how can i activate these outputs for leds or so? With the Sbus link?

If you activate the Sbus function in the software the EXM2 is deactivated and visa versa.

Or is there another way of connecting the outputs?

Thanks in advance for your advice.
BEIER-Electronic Andy
Administrator

Re: EXM2 steering wit SBUS connection

Beitrag von BEIER-Electronic Andy »

Hello JaFa,

EXM-2 and s-Bus at the same time do not work because both systems use the same serial interface. And there is no more in the processor of the USM-RC-2.

The outputs 13 - 22 can either be switched directly via the "output number" or via the light functions (parking light, low beam, brake light, reversing light, etc.). You can do this via EKMAF, a prop. channel oder nautic/multiswitch.
usm-rc-2_exm-2_1.png
usm-rc-2_exm-2_1.png (14.61 KiB) 2304 mal betrachtet
Der Dateianhang usm-rc-2_exm-2_2.png existiert nicht mehr.
Dateianhänge
usm-rc-2_exm-2_2.png
usm-rc-2_exm-2_2.png (12.68 KiB) 2304 mal betrachtet
JaFa

Beitrag von JaFa »

Thank you for the info,

Can you explain how i then have to connect the EXM2 to the USM in this case, because the USM is connected to the RX via the SBUS how do i link the EXM2 so its getting the signal from the USM for the outputs 13 till 22?

Is it via the 1/2 and the S connection ? Or is there another way?
Rascal

Beitrag von Rascal »

Hello,

I am afraid you cannot use SBUS and EXM-2 at the same time, it has to be either one. See also page 45 at the bottom of the USM-RC-2 manual.

If you use the EXM-2 then you must connect the receiver via the proportional channels to the USM-RC-2 and EXM-2.
JaFa

Beitrag von JaFa »

Ok I solved this using my NVM encoder en decoder multiswitch with some software changes, i connected the decoder in parallel and use the switch function on the decoder and the sounds in the USM, this works great, i now have on 1 encoder 28 switch for lets say lights or motors, and 4 extra on the encoder to do multiple outputs at once. (i Use these once for my TowingPINS, FORKS and SidePINS 6 in total) They can be controlled independently or together... Also the deck lights, winch lights, fares, TL lights and so on are linked to this.

This combined with the 30 sound options of the standars USM EMKFA functions gives total freedom, I use 6 of the USM outputs for the lights and and for the rest the decoders so there are almost no limitations on switches and sounds (28 and 30) now i still need to find a solution for the proportional channels...

I will make a movie of all of this to post later...
Antworten