Adding Smoker Board

Soundmodul für Fahrgeräusche (speziell für RC-Modelle). Der Nachfolger des USM-RC
Antworten
tizdaz

Adding Smoker Board

Beitrag von tizdaz »

Hi guys im trying to figure out how to add this to my current setup which has a mister unit board that also runs off the ESC & RX Throttle channel!
How would i do this as both of these modules use same connections!?

1st pic is my mister unit board, as you can see it has 3 connectors & the second pic is off the BEIER wiring diagram, again showing the ESC connection & also a patch cable going to the RX, so both these modules are connected the same way, but how do i connect them BOTH at same time, im guessing i need to use a splitter cable or cables somewhere in the wiring!?
Bild

Bild

Thanks in advance!

Daz
BEIER-Electronic Andy
Administrator

Re: Adding Smoker Board

Beitrag von BEIER-Electronic Andy »

Hello Daz,

we can't see the pictures, because we're not registered in the "modelboatmayhem.co.uk forum". Please upload the pictures here.

And I' don't know what a "mister unit board" is.
tizdaz

Beitrag von tizdaz »

Hi there
The Mister (aka Smoker) board is for my Smoker ive made, this pic shows the connectors, The AUX connector is used so i can remotely switch the mister on/off using a toggle switch on my TX.
smoker.JPG
smoker.JPG (12.66 KiB) 1683 mal betrachtet
Here is diagram for the Beier setup
which uses the same connections as my Mister Board, so im not sure how to connect them both at same time for my setup?
beier.JPG
beier.JPG (23.32 KiB) 1683 mal betrachtet
Cheers!
Rascal

Beitrag von Rascal »

Hello,
tizdaz hat geschrieben: Mi 22. Jul 2020, 16:16The Mister (aka Smoker) board is for my Smoker ive made, this pic shows the connectors, The AUX connector is used so i can remotely switch the mister on/off using a toggle switch on my TX.
Assuming the pins of the two top connectors (Throttle Channel RX and Speed Controller) are connected 1:1 and there is no component that changes/influences the pulse signal or applies a voltage to any of the pins you can connect the equipment as follows:

RX Channel 2 > USM-RC-2 X2/1
USM-RC-2 X2/1 > MB Throttle Channel RX
MB Speed Controller > ESC

(MB: mister board)

So in the 2nd photo you just disconnect the ESC from the USM-RC-2 and plug it to MB Speed Controller, then connect MB Throttle Channel RX via a patch cable to the USM-RC-2.

Another option would be using a Y-cable connected to Receiver Channel 2, then one output goes to the USM (and from there to the ESC), and the other one to your mister board "Throttle Channel RX". The connector for "Speed Controller" would remain emtpy.
tizdaz

Beitrag von tizdaz »

Rascal hat geschrieben: Mi 22. Jul 2020, 16:36 Hello,
tizdaz hat geschrieben: Mi 22. Jul 2020, 16:16The Mister (aka Smoker) board is for my Smoker ive made, this pic shows the connectors, The AUX connector is used so i can remotely switch the mister on/off using a toggle switch on my TX.
Assuming the pins of the two top connectors (Throttle Channel RX and Speed Controller) are connected 1:1 and there is no component that changes/influences the pulse signal or applies a voltage to any of the pins you can connect the equipment as follows:

RX Channel 2 > USM-RC-2 X2/1
USM-RC-2 X2/1 > MB Throttle Channel RX
MB Speed Controller > ESC

(MB: mister board)

So in the 2nd photo you just disconnect the ESC from the USM-RC-2 and plug it to MB Speed Controller, then connect MB Throttle Channel RX via a patch cable to the USM-RC-2.

Another option would be using a Y-cable connected to Receiver Channel 2, then one output goes to the USM (and from there to the ESC), and the other one to your mister board "Throttle Channel RX". The connector for "Speed Controller" would remain emtpy.
Brilliant, thanks alot for info, i shall try what you suggested and let you know how i get on 👍 i only just bought the BEIER module so its all new to me! Thanks again much appreciated!
Antworten