Advice. Looking for a 16CH radio

Alles andere...
Antworten
RCJunky
Advice. Looking for a 16CH radio

Beitrag von RCJunky »

Dear all

I am looking for a 16CH radio to use the full scope of features with my SFR-1 and Tamiya FH16 Tractor unit converstion.

Looking for:
16+ Channels
Mode2
Self centering sticks
mostly 3 postion switches
Low cost.

Some flying radios just have too many features. Most RC radio just need SUB trims, dual rates
and channel allocation to switches. no HAL effects gimbals
RC Junky
Where you can get your fix for RC

Check out my latest video's
RC Junky on YouTube

Or come and share your thoughts on my Facebook page
RC Junky on FaceBook
Rascal

Re: Advice. Looking for a 16CH radio

Beitrag von Rascal »

Hello,

one of my radios is a Carson Reflex Stick Multi Pro LCD 2.4GHz 14 CH. It's only 14 channels and very basic in terms of functionality (Servo Reverse, Endpoint Adjustment, Dual Rate and Expo for channel 1-4 only). Cheap build quality including plastic sticks.
However you can use it with the Multiswitch Converter (MSC) to bundle the switches onto one proportional channel towards the SFR-1. (The MSC also works with USM-RC-2 and UFR-1230/-D).

Another option would be a transmitter with OpenTX and using some LUA scripts to control 8 functions for one proportional channel (using areas ABCD with long/short). But then you will have a transmitter with lot's of functions and you will need to spend some time on learning how to program it.

Perhaps the Radiomaster TX16S or Jumper T18 Lite might be the best compromise between cost and "feature overload". But it gives you flexibility in terms of protocols supported and enough channels and 3-way switches to connect with the SFR-1.
RCJunky
Re: Advice. Looking for a 16CH radio

Beitrag von RCJunky »

Hey thanks for the advice.

I have been looking at the RadioMaster S version and buying the metal roller. I don't need HAL Gimbals.
I do have a Drone kit to build and used to fly model aircraft so it might be worth going with HAL gimbals.
I also like the multi protocol feature. I can then use the tiny RX for drones as I use S-BUS. The only let down with using S-BUS is I can't use Bluetooth.

I was also considering making my own TX and RX using Arduino and a 2.4ghz radio board. They allow up to 32 channels. From memory a mix of digital for sticks and analogue for switches. Might just buy a cheap 4 channel radio with lots of plastic to add more switches.

I will keep the forum posted on my choice and progress.

Thanks again.
RC Junky
Where you can get your fix for RC

Check out my latest video's
RC Junky on YouTube

Or come and share your thoughts on my Facebook page
RC Junky on FaceBook
Antworten